Under 5’s Library Assistants
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £1,433 - £1,513 per annum
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: E4956/0818VS/EXT
Job Category: Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Advert End Date: 15 August 2018
4 Posts; Part-time (3 hours per week), all Fixed Term until December due to temporary increase in workload
Post 1: Pork Pie Centre/Library (Tuesday 9:30am – 12:30pm)
Post 2: Brite Centre (Wednesday 9:30am – 12:30pm)
Post 3: Aylestone Library (Tuesday 9:30am – 12:30pm)
Post 4: Westcotes Library (Wednesday 9.00am – 12.00pm)
To plan and deliver weekly Under Five Activity sessions (Toddler Time) to encourage families and carers to use library resources to share books/stories with their children.
Requirements of the post:
- Ability to encourage positive attitudes towards books/libraries in young children, parents and carers
- Willingness to take part in training
- Literacy and numeracy skills appropriate to the tasks e.g. read and understand basic written statements and correspondence
- An interest in working to provide library services in the local community especially to families and young children
- Experience of working with under-fives (paid/voluntary/parent)
- Understanding of the needs of young children in the local community
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check
For an informal discussion please contact Paul Gobey on 0116 454 0083.
Please state which hours/location(s) you are applying for as part of your application.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.