Assistant Managers (Residential Homes)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,106 - £36,019 per annum
Location: Children's residential homes
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC904/ 0117AW/ EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 13 February 2017
Location: Young People’s Residential Home within the City
We have 2 permanent vacancies for an Assistant Manager within the Looked After Children (LAC) Residential Service. We are looking for a person with vision, energy and drive to support and develop a staff team and oversee the care plans of young people. You will join a dynamic management team and be responsible to the Team Manager.
Requirements of the post:
- A Social Work qualification (CQSW, Degree in SW or equivalent) or Level 3 Diploma for Children & Young People’s Workforce (or equivalent)
- Substantial experience working with young people, including within a residential setting
- Proven ability to challenge discrimination in service delivery and employment
- Skills in motivating and developing groups of staff and young people
- A commitment to working in an anti-discriminatory environment and to providing flexible responses to young people’s and families’ needs.
- Subject to Enhanced DBS check
In return we can offer:
- A wide range of training and development opportunities.
- A chance to exercise responsibilities and initiative within a framework of supervision and clear strategic direction
- A supportive and dynamic peer group with a commitment to practice development
- Opportunities to work on the development of an evolving Placements Service, responding to the needs of young people in a structured and planned way
Under the Equality Act 2010 applicants must be aged 23 and over.
For an informal discussion please contact Mike Evans, Service Manager on 0116 454 4501 (w/c 30.01.17) and Loretta Cunningham on 0116 287 3755 (w/c 6.02.17)
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact