Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £28,218 - £31,669 per annum
Working Pattern: Please see advert text
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: E3575/0717AAex
Job Category: Executive / Managerial
Advert End Date: 6 August 2017
Location: City Psychology Service, Collegiate House, College Street, Leicester
1 x Full Time, Fixed Term until 31st March 2018, with possible extension
1 x Part Time – 18.5 hours per week, Fixed Term until 31st March 2018 to cover the current post holders Maternity Leave Cover
You will assist Leicester City Psychology Service in the delivery of therapeutic support children and young people in the care of Leicester City Council (Looked After Children) in school.
This work will involve assisting in the development and delivery of a range of interventions including:
– 1:1 and group interventions with LAC children and young people
– Providing support to school staff, key adults and parents/carers.
Requirements of the post:
– Registered with the British Psychological Society (Graduate basis for registration or Chartership (GBR/GBC)
– Psychology Degree – at least Upper Second class honours – 2:1
– Relevant experience of working in educational / clinical and community settings and family homes with children and parents/ carers to promote children’s emotional wellbeing with innovative but evidence based therapeutic group work approaches and individual case work.
– Subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Applications are invited from candidates who wish to work as an applied psychologist in a project focusing on promoting the psychological well-being in education of children and young people (LAC) in the care of Leicester City Council.
For an informal discussion please contact Yvonne Francis (Specialist Senior Educational Psychologist – Vulnerable Children) on 0116 454 5489 email Yvonne.Francis@leicester.gov.uk.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Interviews: 6th or 7th September 2017