Best Interest Assessor
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £34,106- £37,107 per annum
Location: Bosworth House
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC625/ 1118AW/ EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Adult Service
Advert End Date: 1 December 2018
Location: Bosworth House, Leicester, LE1 6TH
Full Time, Permanent
To undertake the statutory functions on behalf of Leicester City Council Social Care & Education in relation to Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS). This requires the post holder to work within relevant policies, practices and procedures and under the direction of the DoLS Team Leader, to provide high quality assessments and advice service based on the statutory requirements arising from the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and DoLS.
- Co-ordinates the DoLS assessment process including reviews by fulfilling the assessment requirements including capacity and best interests assessments, as required for the City under the DoLS legislation and within statutory timescales;
- Ability to manage a specialist caseload in accordance with relevant policies and procedures;
- Ability to maintain efficient and reliable liaison with other statutory and voluntary agencies, as well as Council departments, having particular regard to effective working relationships with statutory and independent sector providers of residential, nursing and other applicable services;
- Provide expert advice, and act as a resource on the MCA and DoLS and their implications for a range of organisations and individuals in order to ensure an effective and consistent multi-agency approach to DoLS This includes providing training opportunities and support to BIA candidates.
- Recognise safeguarding concerns and act accordingly in line with local and national policy to improve the outcomes for service users.
Requirements of the post:
- Professional qualification as a Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Chartered Psychologist or Social Worker;
- Must possess the Best Interest Assessors Post Qualifying Award from a recognised institution;
- Significant experience in Social Care & Education or health care;
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with a wide breadth issues and complex situations;
- Experience of assessing complex needs in the fields of mental health and/or learning disability and/or older and disabled adults;
- Experience of partnership working with citizens and carers to identify and meet needs with creative and pragmatic solutions;
- Subject to Enhanced DBS check;
- Applicants need to have completed a minimum of 20 assessments in the capacity as a qualified BIA.
**Previous applicants need not apply
For an informal discussion please contact Vincent Duffy on Tel. 0116 454 6010
Interview date: 23rd January 2019 (subject to change)
In order to be considered for this role please provide your up to date CV and a Supporting Statement on your relevant experience to Vincent Duffy on Vincent.Duffy@leicester.gov.uk
Before you apply please familiarise yourself with the attached Job Summary & Person Specification documents.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact