Business Change Commissioning Managers
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,106- £36, 019 per annum
Location: Bosworth House
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0262/ 0217AW/ EXT
Job Category: Executive / Managerial
Advert End Date: 14 March 2017
Location: Bosworth House
Full Time, Permanent
Leicester is a vibrant, multi-cultural city and it is an exciting place to live and work. We have a population of over 300,000 and one of the most diverse communities in the UK. Our residents collectively speak over 100 languages and blend different cultures and nationalities.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Business Change Commissioning Managers within the Adult Social Care Strategic Commissioning Team
Strategic Commissioning for Adult Social Care Services (ASC) is set in the context of a range of national policy that informs and shapes the direction of travel for the City at a time of unprecedented financial pressure. The national policy direction for Adult Social Care is one of reform, supporting transformation of the Health and Social Care system, and driving personalisation of public services in health and social care, to services that reflect the outcomes and aspirations of the individuals who use the services and not ones defined by professionals.
The aim of adult social care is to protect and empower the most vulnerable. This means improving outcomes for vulnerable people and ensuring that publically funded care and support is provided where it is cost effective and only when it is really needed.
To manage the delivery of ASC strategic commissioning priorities and the department’s strategic change and improvement projects, ensuring positive outcomes for service users and carers and value for money for the Council.
Requirements of the post:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a clear focus on the delivery of key objectives to specified timescales;
- Proficient level of written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales;
- Project Management or Commissioning Qualification or equivalent vocational experience;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience;
- Knowledge of adult social care and health legislation and local government structure including policy framework and inter relationships of stakeholders;
- Knowledge of project management standards, processes and methodology;
- Experience of strategic planning and commissioning in relation to adult social care, health prevention or housing support services, or
- Experience of delivering complex change management or service improvement/efficiency projects in an adult social care or health setting.
For an informal discussion please contact Bev White on 0116 454 2374 or Caroline Ryan 0116 454 2394
Interview & assessment will be held on w/c 3rd April 2017
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact