Child Protection Independent Chair
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £22,461 - £24,117 per annum (for 22.5 hours per week)
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC005/0117AAex
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 22 January 2017
Location: Children and Young People’s Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Unit (Leicester City)
Permanent, Part Time – 22.5 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced Child Protection Manager/worker to join our dedicated team of Independent Chairs. We are committed to improving the lives of Leicester Children through our Chairing of Children’s meetings and Quality Assurance role.
Based within our Children’s Services’ Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Unit you will have responsibility for chairing safeguarding meetings and improving children’s outcome by the quality assurance role within Leicester City.
– Child Protection Conferences
– Strategy meetings concerning allegations of harm about adults who work with children.
– Complex child protection meetings
The Safeguarding Unit has developed specialist services – The above posts are based within the Child Protection and Allegations service.
Requirements of the post:
– Substantial and relevant experience in front line child protection
– To clear about ‘what good looks like’ for children and promote this in your work for children
– Able to chair complex safeguarding meetings ensuring a multi-agency approach
– Able to Quality Assure outcomes for Children subject to Child Protection and Child In Need Services
– A sound knowledge of Child Care policies and procedures
– Able to demonstrate positive change for children and families
– Social work qualified (DIPSW, CQSW, CSS/equivalent)
– Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
– Subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
For an informal discussion, please contact Lesley Booth on 0116 454 2418.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Test/Interview Date: 9th February 2017