Cleaners (Sports & Leisure Centres)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: See advert text
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X3241/ 1017AW/ EX
Job Category: Catering / Cleaning
Advert End Date: 2 November 2017
Salary: The evaluated minimum hourly rate is £7.78 per hour, however as we are committed to paying a living wage you will be paid £8.45 per hour for standard working hours – subject to review. Supplement will not be applied to the rate you are paid for any overtime, additional hours or weekend/bank holiday enhancements.
Location: Leicester Leys Leisure Centre- as a term of your employment (you may be required to work at any of the Sports and Leisure Centres across Leicester)
3 x Permanent, Part Time posts: 2 x 15 hours & 1 x 12 hours per week
Casual posts available- to work as when required
You must be willing to work early mornings (6.00am – 9.00am), weekends and bank holidays on a rota system, according to the needs of the service.
Required to maintain a high standard of cleanliness in public and office areas within our Sports and Leisure centres. You will be responsible for carrying out cleaning duties (including washing, sweeping, vacuuming, emptying bins, polishing and dusting) of designated areas including toilets, shower and changing rooms and associated facilities, using basic tools and equipment.
Requirements of the post:
- Experience of building cleaning and maintenance of standards in public areas is desirable;
- Experience in the correct and safe use of cleaning chemicals;
- Ability to operate a carpet cleaner, floor polisher, small hand tools and cleaning machinery is desirable;
- Positive attitude to working as part of a team;
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues and able to understand and follow regulations;
- Able to lift equipment and furniture;
- Rota system includes early mornings, day, evenings, weekends and bank holidays – dependent on hours/location and needs of the service.
For an informal discussion please contact Monica Tebbutt on 0116 454 3518.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.