Clerk of Works
Contract Type: Fixed Term Permanent
Salary: £23,398 - £25,951 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: H836/0318AAex
Job Category: Housing
Advert End Date: 21 March 2018
Location: Ian Marlow Centre, Blackbird Road, Leicester, LE4 0AR
3 x Full Time, Permanent
2 x Fixed Term until 31st January 2019
Required to provide a Clerk of Works service for contracts administered by the Building and Services Team, ensuring that works are carried out to specification, confirming completion of works for invoicing and ensuring that legislation, including, health and safety is enforced. To also provide a Clerk of Works service for DSO works and repairs, raising quality audits on all works inspected and ensuring that legislation, including, health and safety is enforced. The team strive to raise awareness of good working practices, deal with issues of poor quality and provide a condition survey service.
Requirements of the post include:
- BTEC Higher in Building Studies with relevant experience/ BTEC National in Building Studies with sufficient relevant experience, OR able to demonstrate significant equivalent and relevant experience, together with substantial knowledge of building construction & maintenance requirements.
- Substantial experience of undertaking measured & condition surveys and relating specifications and drawings to site conditions
- Experience of enforcing Health and Safety Regulations
- Experience of dealing with contractors whilst overseeing building works, approving quality and quantities for payment purposes
- Experience of solving design, maintenance and construction problems and advising others of the corrective measures required.
- Experience of using IT packages, including Word, Excel and databases to ensure the delivery of daily tasks
For an informal discussion please contact:
Jenni Venables – Technical Manager Quality Control
Tel: 0116 454 5242
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.