Corporate Investigations Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £26,822 - £29,323 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R5828/0118AAex
Job Category: Executive / Managerial
Advert End Date: 4 February 2018
Location: York House
The corporate investigations team are looking for an experienced criminal investigator. You will undertake investigations into suspected fraud and financial irregularities whilst ensuring that the council has in place effective counter fraud measures.
Requirements of the post:
- Working knowledge and experience of (usually defined as a minimum of a year) fraud/criminal investigation including gathering evidence to Investigatory Powers Act (Act), Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE), Human Rights Act (HRA), Data Protection Act (DPA) and the CPIA standards
- Practical knowledge of Fraud legislation/guidelines/policy sufficient to give advice to/support colleagues/staff/the public/external agencies
- Ability to analyse & interpret complex data/legislation
- Ability to compile /produce reports including the collating of statistical/technical/progress
- Literacy and numeracy sufficient to perform the job tasks such as writing complex reports
- High level of maturity and strength of character. Able to cope and work within a stressful environment on a daily basis and to work to testing timescales
- Well motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who is able to organise, plan and prioritise own workload and to work unsupervised if necessary
For an informal discussion please contact Stuart Limb on 0116 4542615.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Test Date: week commencing 19th February 2018
Interview Date: week commencing 26th February 2018
*previous applicants, from the recent recruitment exercise in October 2017, need not apply*