Digital Media Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £26,882- £29,323 per annum
Location: City Hall, 115 Charles Street, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R7008/ 0817AW/ EXT
Job Category: ICT Marketing / Media / Communications
Advert End Date: 14 September 2017
Location: City Hall, 115 Charles Street, Leicester LE1 1FZ
Permanent, Full Time
These are challenging and exciting times for the city council, and our digital channels sit at the forefront of how we deliver services across Leicester. We have many stories to tell and seek an exceptional Digital Media Officer to help us do that.
Based within our corporate Digital Media team, the successful applicant will help manage our corporate digital media platforms and website. They will support the delivery of the City Mayor’s priorities and projects along with advising colleagues on using digital channels to achieve business, communications and marketing objectives.
The successful applicant will have a passion for all things digital and be able to work confidently with different people and teams within the city council, as well as our partners and stakeholders in a fast paced, reactive environment.
Requirements of post:
• Extensive experience of managing digital channels (especially social media) in a communications and/or customer service environment.
• Strong ability to write for different digital channels and audiences.
• In-depth understanding of digital best practices and technologies.
• Extensive experience of using content management systems (CMS) to edit and manage website content.
• Experience of video production processes.
• Experience of digital analysis and evaluation methods across different platforms.
The successful applicant will also be required to work periodically out of hours and participate in a team-wide on-call rota process.
Need more information? Call Dave Doherty, Digital Media Manager, on 0116 454 4155
Interviews: provisionally w/c 2nd October 2017 (to be confirmed)
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact