Engagement Officer (Prevent)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £26,822- £29,323 pro rata per annum
Location: Phoenix House, 1 King Street, Leicester
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0326/ 1017AW/ EXT
Job Category: Policy / Research Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Advert End Date: 29 October 2017
Location: Phoenix House, 1 King Street, Leicester, LE1 6RN
Part Time (22.5 hours per week), Fixed Term contract until 31.03.2019 due to funding
The postholder will be responsible for working with local schools, communities and other key stakeholders to raise awareness and provide support around the PREVENT agenda.
Requirements of the post:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject, in a specialist discipline such as ASB legislation, community safety or another criminal justice related field;
- A good understanding of Leicester as a place, Leicester’s diverse communities and extensive voluntary and community sector organisations;
- Experience of developing good relations with a wide range of communities, and promoting dialogue with hard to reach communities
- Experience of training and development of community led initiatives;
- Effective engagement/ communicating skills with a wide range of partners including communities and the voluntary sector.
**Please view full person specification document for all requirements
For an informal discussion please contact Daxa Pancholi on 0116 454 0203.
Interview date: w/c 13th November 2017
THIS VACANCY IS OPEN TO LCC STAFF AND ITS PARTNER ORGANISATIONS ONLY
(OPCC, LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL AND POLICE)
Please note: should you apply for this vacancy and not be employed in the capacity outlined above, your application will be withdrawn without further explanation.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact