Enterprise Co-Ordinator (LLEP)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £30,756 - £33,136 per annum
Location: City Hall, 115 Charles Street, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0056 / 0618SSN / EXT
Job Category: Education
Advert End Date: 17 June 2018
Fixed Term until 31st August 2019 due to funding
The Enterprise Co-Ordinator is a pivotal role in the Careers and Enterprise Company’s national Enterprise Adviser Network programme and critical to its aim of motivating, inspiring and supporting young people to make informed choices about their future.
Working for the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership, the Enterprise Coordinator will direct a team of 20 Enterprise Advisers (volunteers from the business community) to work with local schools and colleges on a one-to-one basis to:
– Help schools and colleges to improve their careers and enterprise activities and engage with the world of work.
– Make it easier for employers and the self-employed to engage with schools and colleges.
– Focus efforts on programmes and activities that are most effective in motivating young people, supporting independent choice and supporting positive outcomes for young people.
– Continuously track and review impact of the programme to ensure project success.
Requirements of the post:
– Demonstrable understanding of the issues and barriers to employment faced by young people and what motivates their career choices.
– Experience of coordinating effective projects or programmes.
– Demonstrable understanding of employers of different sizes and of the local labour market, skills shortages and opportunities for growth.
– Experience of working in or supporting schools.
– Experience of successful employer engagement strategies or projects.
– Willing and able to work regularly outside normal office hours for meetings, conferences, open evenings, exhibitions, etc.
– Subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Fiona Baker on 0116 454 1550
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact
Previous applicants need not apply.
Test / Interview Date : 28th June 2018