Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare Therapist
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £38,052 - £40,858 per annum
Location: Halford House, Leicester City Centre
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0362/0518RK/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 23 May 2018
Location: Halford House
2 x Full-time, Permanent post
Leicester is one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in the country. We are committed to continuous improvement and due to ongoing investment our Edge of Care Services are expanding.
Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare (FFT-CW) is a new programme aiming to go live by June. We are seeking to appoint 2 FFT CW Therapists.
You will be working with those families where there are ongoing child protection concerns and a real and imminent risk of care. Primarily you will work with families with very young children or families where there is ongoing domestic abuse. However you may also work with any case with complex and high risk child protection issues.
FFT-CW works using a range of tools such as behavioural therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, and family therapy to enable families who often have complex and challenging needs to adopt new choices and behaviours within around 6 months.
Are you hard working, resilient and able to rise to the challenge of this innovative and exciting new approach?
Requirements of the post:
- Must have a relevant qualification
- Must have substantial experience of working in a challenging environment dealing with sensitive and complex issues with children and families and the ability to maintain personal resilience
- Must be aware of the safety risks posed to very young children in the safeguarding arena
- Must have experience of delivering one or more of the following structured therapies: behavioural therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, family therapy
- Must be willing to engage in group clinical supervision
- Must be able to engage and empathise with families with complex needs
For an informal discussion please contact Sarah Whittle on 0116 4546531
For more information about our Education and Children’s Services, and about living and working in Leicester please visit www.socialcarejobsleicester.com
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.