Graduate Project Officer – Conservation Team
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £17,681-£18,672 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R5645/0918AP/HT/EXT
Job Category: Graduate
Advert End Date: 26 September 2018
Location: City Hall
1x Full Time Fixed Term Post for 12 Months
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated graduate to deliver large city-wide environmental and landscape projects across Leicester city, working in a dynamic environment.
As part of the Council’s drive to provide graduates with more opportunities to experience work, and develop career paths we are pleased to offer exciting and challenging Graduate Project Officer role in the Conservation Team. The team has a previous experience of recruiting and mentoring graduates and appropriate support will be provided for you to develop your skills.
Work is varied and fast paced and the role will commence as a supporting role working alongside Planners and a Landscape Planner to deliver large city-wide environmental and landscape projects before moving on to leading on appropriate projects as your skills develop. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to gain skills in areas such as planning, conservation, highways, city centre design, finance, legal, comms and marketing as well as work and build relationships with external agencies such as the Environment Agency and the Canal and River Trust.
Beyond this role/contract there may be opportunities for progression within the Council, for the right candidate, subject to funding.
Requirements of the Post
- Graduated (including Masters graduates and post-grad diploma graduates) with a 2:1 degree or above (if currently studying, undergraduates should have attained a yearly average mark of 2:1 minimum).
- Must have graduated in the last 2 years with a 2:1 degree and/or post-graduate diploma/Masters (merit) in a relevant subject (e.g.Landscape architecture)
- Computer skills, to include AutoCAD software.
- Demonstrate an interest in working within the Planning, Development and Transportation division.
- Good communication, professional attitude and interpersonal skills sufficient to deal effectively with customers/ work colleagues/ senior management
- Must be able to use own initiative
- Must be able to manager time effectively and meet work deadlines
For an informal discussion about the roles please contact Anne Proven, Team Leader (Conservation Team) on 0116 454 2963.
Closing date for applications: 26th September 2018