Graduate Project Officer (Development Team – Regeneration)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £17,681-£18,672 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R5645/0918CG/HT/EX
Job Category: Graduate
Advert End Date: 26 September 2018
Location: City Hall
Fixed Term, Full Time 18 Months
We are looking to appoint enthusiastic and motivated graduates to deliver key regeneration schemes across Leicester city working in a dynamic environment
As part of the Council’s drive to provide graduates with more opportunities to experience work, and develop career paths we are pleased to offer exciting and challenging Graduate Project Officer roles in the Development Team, working in a team of predominantly Planners and Surveyors. The team has a strong proven track record in recruiting and mentoring graduates and appropriate support will be provided for you to develop your skills.
The team delivers multi-million pound physical urban regeneration projects in the city of Leicester in line with Leicester City Council’s Economic Action Plan and the council’s other key strategy documents.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to gain skills in areas such as the built environment and development, physical regeneration, planning, project management, funding, finance, legal, G.I.S, comms, environment, highways, procurement, inward investment and economic development amongst others. You will gain a wide range of transferable skills working across various departments and external organisations, in a large-scale multi-disciplinary environment.
You will both assist senior members of staff in project delivery as well as take on your own projects, as your skills develop. Beyond this role/contract it is anticipated that there will soon be career-grade positions in place that could potentially offer future long-term development and logical career progression opportunities for the right candidates, subject to funding.
Requirements of the Post
- Must have graduated in the last 2 years (or due to graduate this summer) with a 2:1 degree or above in a relevant subject (e.g. Planning (RTPI), Planning and Development (RICS), Real Estate Management, Urban Regeneration, or similar discipline). Or Masters degree: See above for applicable subjects. Must have graduated in the last 2 years (or due to graduate this summer) with a Merit. ((BA Hons) Human Geography or (BSc Hons) Geography with a strong Human Geography element, or similar subject with a 2:1 will be considered but may hold less weightage dependent on number of applicants).
- Must be able to manage time effectively and meet work deadlines.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English to compose letters, disseminate information and be able to deal with telephone and face to face enquiries.
- Demonstrate an interest in working within the field of the built environment/property and have a basic understanding of regeneration issues.
- Demonstrate experience of and ability to produce professional reports.
- Computer skills sufficient to carry out the role, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Email.
- Experience of undertaking research and reporting on a subject/topic.
- Project management skills/experience.
- Some experience of working within a customer focused business/office environment.
For an informal discussion about the roles please contact Claire Gooch, Senior Development Manager on 0116 454 2902.
Closing date for applications: 26th September 2018
Interview dates: Monday 8th October and Tuesday 9th October 2018