Graduate Project Officer (Procurement Services)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £17,681 - £18,672 per annum
Location: City Hall
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Job Category: Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Advert End Date: 17 May 2018
Location: City Hall, 115 Charles Street, Leicester LE1 1FZ
Full Time (37 hrs/week), Fixed Term for 18 months – Graduate Opportunity
As part of the City Council’s drive to provide graduates with more opportunities to experience work and develop career paths we are pleased to offer an exciting and challenging Graduate Project Officer role in the Procurement Services team.
Procurement Services is responsible for setting out the Council’s procurement strategy, procurement rules and manages the overall process for procuring Goods, Services and Works for the Council.
You will assist with the preparation of individual project plans, research potential suppliers, produce competition documents and evaluation tools (working with internal customers) and compile contracts using procurement systems to manage processes. Following the Council’s Contract Procedure rules (Part 4G of the Council’s Constitution) you will ensure the appropriate procedure is used when seeking companies to deliver contracts.
This is a great opportunity to develop your own skills and knowledge, whilst at the same time providing reports on findings, and supporting a wide range of council services to put in place contracts to support their activities.
Requirements of the post include:
- Must have graduated in the last 18 months with a 2:2 degree or above in Business Administration, Law, Economics, Business Management, Business Studies, Business and Finance, or similar subject;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet;
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, willingness to learn and be self-motivated;
- Excellent command of verbal and written English to compose letters, disseminate information and be able to deal with telephone and face to face enquiries;
- Demonstrate experience of and ability to produce professional reports;
- Must be able to manage time effectively and meet work deadlines;
- Demonstrate an interest for procurement and in working for Leicester City Council.
For an informal discussion please contact Pamela Grainger on 0116 454 4038.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact.