Graduate/Junior Web Application Developer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: Scale 5 (£24,964 - £30,153)
Location: Council Offices, Desford Road, Narborough, Leicestershire
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Blaby District Council
Post Number: REQ00361
Job Category: Graduate ICT Marketing / Media / Communications
Advert End Date: 14 August 2017
GRADUATE/JUNIOR WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER
£24,964 – £30,153 per annum 37 hours per week Fixed term – 1 year.
We are looking for a motivated Graduate/Junior Web Application Developer who can rise to the challenge of transforming council services.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and innovative individual to help us re-design services for digital delivery. You will be involved in individual projects working across a range of services and will need the following core skills:-
- Responsive web-design techniques / cross platform
- Web service/REST API’s
- SQL Server and MySQL
- Experience of integrating back-end services.
Activities will include:-
- To understand existing online processes used on the Council’s website and within the Customer Relationship Management solution.
- Developing online processes using the Firmstep AchieveForms product
- Setting up SQL databases and writing SQL queries
- Integration of form data into back office systems using API’s.
- Undertake testing of processes
- Support users undertaking user acceptance testing
- Produce and update support documentation for individual processes
- Undertake support duties as required
- Liaise with services and the existing members of the team
This is an exciting opportunity initially offered on a one year fixed term contract.
In return, we’ll offer a range of benefits that includes flexible working including a flexi-time scheme, childcare vouchers, out of town offices with free car parking and cycle bays and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
To find out more about the job and what it is like to work for us, please contact Julie Hutchinson, Communications Manager on 0116 272 7648 for an informal discussion.
Closing Date: 14th August 2017, midnight
Interview Date: 24th August 2017