H R Services Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire
Working Pattern: Please see advert text
Advertised By: Derbyshire Police
Job Category: HR / Training
Advert End Date: 20 April 2017
HR Services Officer
Grade and Salary: Grade C/D £16,314 – £21,618 per annum
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Various vacancies available up to 12 months fixed term contract, which may be extended.
Based: Force Headquarters, Ripley
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 20th April 2017
Purpose and Description of Role:
To deliver a customer focussed effective and efficient HR transactional and administrative service to the Regional forces. Contribute to a flexible and resilient service by developing proficiency in multiple disciplines within the HRSSC.
1. Experience in HR Processes and giving generalist advice on recruitment, training, employee relations or post-employment matters.
2. GCSE English Language Grade C or above or equivalent level qualification, or demonstrable previous experience in preparing written correspondence and communicating with internal and external customers in writing.
3. Experience of providing excellent customer service to include dealing directly with customers over the phone and also face to face
4. Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications
5. Experience in using computerised databases
6. Experience in dealing with confidential matters
7. Good team worker
1. Certificate in Personnel Practice, or equivalent qualification
Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to the principles of Equality, Fairness and Diversity, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community in our efforts to recruit a diverse and flexible workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
As part of our commitment to equality, all applicants with disability who meet the essential criteria for any police staff post will be invited to interview.
Derbyshire Constabulary offers a range of benefits including a local government pension scheme, Specsavers eye care vouchers, child care vouchers as well as a staff discount scheme called ‘My Extras’. This covers a wide variety of retailers and includes discounts & cashback. My Extras also provides discounted gym membership and a healthcare cashplan. This scheme however is non contractual and the force does reserve the right to withdraw or change the terms of the scheme.