Head of Arts and Museums
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £54,487 - £58,507 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X3000/0917AAex
Job Category: Arts / Tourism
Advert End Date: 5 October 2017
Location: Town Hall
The cultural sector in Leicester is thriving. The city council museums service has recently secured NPO status from the Arts Council with an ambitious plan to extend participation and digitilisation. An extensive programme of capital investment is also under way across the museum estate as a central plank of the City Mayor’s economic action plan. This post will have a key role in driving both these programmes and leading an organisational redesign of the existing service.
The post will also be a primary contact for the wider arts and cultural sector, working collaboratively with our many partners, including key funders such as the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Arts Council, helping to shape new ideas and attracting resources to enliven and enrich the city.
You will lead and deliver a high-quality, customer-focused service and to develop strategies and implement actions to further the City Council’s cultural objectives related to Arts, Festivals, Museums and Heritage.
Requirements of the post:
– Substantial knowledge of arts, museums, culture and heritage sectors
– Demonstrable experience of working strategically in partnership with stakeholders from the private, public and voluntary/community sectors
– Substantial experience of working at senior level in arts and heritage including at least two areas of e.g. museums, arts, festivals, events, culture, cultural tourism, heritage sites
– Managing significant culture-related projects and/or programmes
– Developing, securing funding for and delivering capital projects
– Experience in development and implementation of business plans, policies and strategies
For an informal discussion please contact Mike Dalzell on 0116 4542931.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.