Head of Service, Children’s Safeguarding and Quality Assurance
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £61,111 - £65,673 per annum
Location: City Hall/Bosworth House, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: E8300/0918RW/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 21 October 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Leicester to join an ambitious senior management team that is committed to improving outcomes for children and young people.
This post will build on the Council’s strength of leadership developed through our Improvement journey, inspiring ambition and aspiration for children in Leicester, through a rigorous focus on outcomes in partnership with children, families and partner agencies.
Reporting to the Director of Children’s Social Care and Early Help you will you will be a proven leader, a clear strategic thinker with an ability to drive improvements in outcomes for children and young people.
You will be responsible for:
- The operation and performance management of a range of safeguarding services, including Child Protection Conferencing, Independent Reviewing Officers, Children’s Rights and Participation, coordination of abuse allegations against those who work with children, the complaints process, and the lead advisor on safeguarding in learning settings;
- Leading, developing and maintaining strategies and policies for the achievement of high standards of safeguarding, quality assurance and performance to support and improve outcomes for children and young people in Leicester;
Requirements of the post include:
- Holding a social work qualification and a strong track record gained in a senior management level role within a statutory childcare service, you will provide excellent leadership skills and we will provide a culture and environment for those skills to flourish;
- Financially and performance aware, you will share the Council’s desire to deliver services of the very highest standards, challenging practice and holding staff and each other to account;
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Subject to Enhanced DBS check
For an informal discussion please contact Caroline Tote, Divisional Director, Social Care and Early Help Service on Tel: 0116 454 4849.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.