Health and Safety Advisor
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,153-£32,486 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R1332/0318HT/EXT
Job Category: Health and Safety
Advert End Date: 27 March 2018
Location: Based at Sovereign House, 17 Princess Road West, LE1 6TR
Permanent, Full Time (37hrs/wk)
This demanding yet rewarding role requires a creative, proactive and forward thinking professional who can provide advice on a wide range of health and safety issues across a variety of working environments. Ideally the successful candidate will be highly motivated, committed and organised with experience of supporting a wide range of services including social care services, children’s services including schools, housing services, construction and maintenance activities, and building management and maintenance provisions.
Requirements of the post :
- Must have attained a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification;
- Experience as a Health and Safety Practitioner, preferably in a large multi-site environment;
- Experience of delivering a range of health and safety training;
- Experience of undertaking audits and inspections;
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety in a large multidiscipline organisation;
- The ability to influence people and to establish change;
- Good communication skills to effectively provide advice on health and safety legislation and corporate policy;
- The ability to operate woodworking machinery would be an advantage.
For an informal discuss please contact Martin Southam on 0116 454 4307.