Highways Craft Apprentices
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: Please refer to advert text
Location: 90 Leycroft Road, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X5100/1117AAex
Job Category: Apprenticeships
Advert End Date: 3 December 2017
Salary: National Minimum Wage depending on age – current rates are as follows:
Under 18 years – £4.05
18-20 years – £5.60
21-24 years – £7.05
25 and over – £7.50
Full Time, Fixed Term for up to two years
Leicester City Council is proud to announce a new apprenticeship within our Highways Maintenance Service.
The Highways Maintenance Service maintains and repairs over 500 miles of road and 800 miles of footpaths within Leicester City. We undertake construction of major public realm schemes to improve the pedestrian and transport network within the City Centre.
You will be part of a team who construct, repair and maintain the roads, footpaths and drainage features, lay paving materials and tarmac. The scheme will offer up to 6 places which will provide formal training, leading to qualifications in Highway Maintenance.
Experienced staff within the team will guide and teach you the techniques and procedures required to enable you to carry out highway construction work.
Requirements of the post:
- Demonstrate an interest in working for City Highways
- Willing to wear an ID badge
- Able to work at any place at any time
- Must be prepared to do the full range of manual/ labouring tasks involved in construction work required, mainly outdoors, including dirty work
- Willing to work in adverse site and weather conditions
- Willing to work from 7.30am to 3.30pm (Mon-Thurs) and 7.30am to 3.00pm (Fri) and work overtime if necessary
For an informal discussion please contact Nick Weston on 0116 454 5045
Initial Assessments – w/c 4th December 2017
Interviews – January 2018
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact.