Highways Management Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £26,822 - £29,323 per annum
Location: 90 Leycroft Road, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X5161/0118RW/EXT
Job Category: Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Advert End Date: 28 February 2018
You will be required to inspect, assess, record, estimate and monitor works which will keep the public highway, pedestrian and cycle ways infrastructure of the city in a safe condition and provides a one-stop service and ownership for local highways and street scene concerns.
You will be part of a team of 7 Highway Management Officers and will mainly work in your own area dealing with a wide variety of highway issues, developing your knowledge and a sense of ownership of your ‘patch’. We are moving towards adoption of the new Highways Code of Practice and introduction of a new mobile inspection system.
Requirements of the post:
– Highway Inspector Certification and NRSWA Supervisor Accreditation (or willing to attain within agreed timescale)
– Ability to interpret maps, plans and engineering drawings
– Knowledge of highways legislation & guidelines sufficient to estimate works and give advice e.g. Highways Act, New Roads & Street Works Act, Traffic Management Act and Public Health Act, etc.
– High level of communication skills sufficient to deal with contractors, the public and internal staff on technical matters both face to face, on the telephone and via e-mail/letter
– Awareness of current issues affecting highway/pedestrian/cycle ways and associated sustainable development
– Previous practical experience of working in a technical environment, highway maintenance or similar, with experience of interpreting plans and maps, contract documents, measuring and valuing work
– Must have a current valid driving licence and use of suitable transport
For an informal discussion please contact Mike Pears on 0116 454 5031.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.