Homelessness Prevention Officers
Contract Type: Fixed Term Permanent
Salary: £23,866 - £26,470 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: H982/0818AAex
Job Category: Housing
Advert End Date: 16 September 2018
Location: York House
5 x Full Time, Permanent and Fixed Term opportunities available
You will work in a team to offer housing advice and assistance to customers in the prevention of homelessness and carry out the statutory homelessness obligations on behalf of the local authority.
Requirements of the post:
- Significant experience of interviewing and advising members of the public
- Academic qualification or sufficient work experience in one of the following areas: Homelessness prevention, tenancy relations, housing advice, housing management, housing allocations, or other housing.
- Experience of inputting data and producing reports and correspondence on a PC
- Ability to produce clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Care and innovative approach to problem solving
- High level of interpersonal, skills to deal with a range of customers and stakeholders including in stressful, conflict and sensitive situations
- Ability to work independently to deadlines under pressure, be self‐motivated and prioritise a demanding and complex workload
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to manage a caseload efficiently and effectively with a high level of customer care
- Subject to a Standard DBS check
For an informal discussion please contact Mussa Hajat on 0116 454 1726.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
*Previous applicants need not apply*