Housekeepers (Residential Homes)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £17,681- £18,672 per annum
Location: To work in one of the five Residential Young People's Homes
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC043/ 0318AW/ EXT
Job Category: Catering / Cleaning
Advert End Date: 21 May 2018
Location: To work in one of the five Residential Young People’s Homes
Full Time, Permanent
You will ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene is kept within the residential home by providing a clean and tidy living and working environment. You will also be responsible for laundry so the ability to operate laundry equipment is essential as is experience of sorting washing, drying, ironing and distributing linen.
The ability to use domestic cleaning apparatus e.g. steam cleaner, vacuum, carpet cleaner and basic sewing skills to make minor repairs to clothing is essential.
You must also have literacy skills sufficient to understand cleaning schedules and COSHH Health & Safety regulations and be able to assist with the moving and handling of heavy equipment. You will need to have a flexible and positive attitude to work. You must be willing to undertake training and development opportunities to support your role as housekeeper.
You will be working a rota that covers mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays and on occasion may be asked to work in another residential home.
Requirements of the post:
- Previous experience of using domestic, cleaning apparatus e.g vacuum cleaner, carpet shampooer;
- Literacy skills sufficient to understand cleaning schedules and COSHH Health and Safety regulations;
- Experience of sorting, washing, drying, ironing and distribution of linen;
- Able to operate laundry equipment;
- Able to work a flexible rota that covers morning, afternoons, evening, weekends and bank holidays;
- Under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 Part 1 requires National Care Minimum Standards apply so Applicants must be aged 23;
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion please contact Debbie Hunt on 0116 268 2821.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact