Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £23,139 - £24,846 per annum
Location: Bosworth House, 9-15 Princess Road West, Leicester
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC005/0518RK1/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 6 June 2018
Location: Bosworth House
Part-time, Permanent post for 22.5 hours per week (3 days per week)
It is an exciting time to join our team of Independent Chairs as we implement the Signs of Safety approach to safeguarding children in Leicester. We welcome applicants with either experience of Signs of Safety approach or applicants who will share our enthusiasm in implementing the approach.
Based within our Children’s Services’ Safeguarding Unit you will have responsibility for chairing safeguarding meetings:
- Child Protection Conferences
- Strategy meetings concerning allegations of harm about adults who work with children.
- Complex child protection meetings (CSE/CUSAB)
The Safeguarding Unit has developed specialist services – The above posts are based within the Child Protection and Allegations service.
Requirements of the post:
- Substantial and relevant experience in front line child protection – the focus of the role is Child Protection / Children in Need
- A good knowledge of the Care Matters agenda for children
- Able to chair complex safeguarding meetings
- Able to Quality Assure outcomes for Children subject to Child Protection and Child In Need Services
- Able to demonstrate positive change for children and families
- Social work qualified (DIPSW, CQSW, CSS/equivalent )
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
For an informal discussion, please contact Lesley Booth on 0116 454 2418.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.