Independent Reviewing Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,852 - £33,128 per annum
Location: Bosworth House, 9-15 Princess Road West, Leicester
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC005/0518RK/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 6 June 2018
Location: Bosworth House
Part-time, 4 days a week
We are seeking enthusiastic & highly motivated staff to join our team of IROs
Based within our Children and Young People’s Safeguarding Unit, you will have responsibility for chairing safeguarding meetings that relate to, but are not limited to, meetings such as:
- Looked After Children Reviews
- Other At Risk Strategy Meetings
In addition the role is to quality assure the care planning for looked after children to ensure their outcomes are improving to the highest standards. Training and an induction period available to support the post holder.
The successful candidate will work within the IRO Service for Looked After Children.
Requirements of the post:
- CQSW/DipSW qualification (including childcare modules) or equivalent Social Work qualification;
- Registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC);
- Substantial post qualifying experience of working with children and families who are deemed to require statutory social care services;
- Knowledge of childcare legislation and current research;
- Able to chair complex safeguarding meetings and quality assure outcomes for Looked After Children by monitoring & auditing cases;
- Able to bring experience of change for children in care;
- Good oral, written & IT skills to produce timely reports;
For an informal discussion please contact Julie Jordan on Tel: 0116 454 2421.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.