Landscape Design Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £23,398 - £25,951 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X3374/0118VS/EXT
Job Category: Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Advert End Date: 14 February 2018
Location: Castle Park Depot, 90 Leycroft Road
Full Time, Fixed Term or Secondment Opportunity funded until 30th June 2019
The Standards & Development Team in Neighbourhood & Environmental Services are responsible for the development of new landscape and play projects including consultation with local children and residents, detailed design work, and overseeing project implementation on site.
We now have a great opportunity to join this team as a Design Officer to assist in the delivery of these exciting projects, including the development of two public open spaces associated with new housing schemes.
You will be involved in a variety of landscape and play projects working within a small design team, and your key responsibilities will be to:
- design new landscape schemes and play areas, or refurbishments to existing facilities
- prepare drawings, specifications, relevant contract documentation, and administer contract work
- undertake consultation with users and non-users of the service
- supervise work on site to ensure compliance with contract conditions
Requirements of the post:
- An appropriate landscape design qualification i.e. National Diploma in Horticulture with landscape Design or equivalent
- Ability to use ICT e.g. MS Office software packages
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines within financial constraints
- Able to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays if necessary
- Access to own transport
- Experience of using ICT design packages e.g AutoCad
For an informal discussion please contact Adrian Edge on 0116 454 4926.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.