Learner Recruitment and Welfare Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £13,411 - £14,661 per annum
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0349/0118AAex
Job Category: Executive / Managerial
Advert End Date: 18 February 2018
Location: Leicester Adult Education College, Belvoir Street, Leicester
Permanent, Part Time – 18.5 hours per week, to be worked flexibly including occasional evenings if required
Leicester Adult Skills and Learning Service are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, skilled and passionate professional to support the Skills for Work team to improve the learner journey from engagement to positive progression outcomes. Working closely with city wide partners and communities, you will be responsible for ensuring learning needs are identified, creating opportunities for city residents to improve their qualifications and skills. With the ability to motivate adult learners who have complex needs and a commitment to supporting learners to overcome barriers to learning, you will create an encouraging environment to progress and succeed.
Requirements of the post:
- Experience of providing information, advice and guidance about learning and work including the ability to accurately interpret complex funding and eligibility criteria
- Knowledge of adult education and employment opportunities and options
- Experience of promoting learning and recruiting new learners
- Experience of organising events
- Experience of using, updating, developing spreadsheet, e-mail, presentations, web, database applications for own/other peoples’ use
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Debbie Edwards on 0116 4541896.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.