Legal Officer (Child Care)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £23,398 - £25,951 per annum
Location: City Hall, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R5690/1017RW/EX
Job Category: Legal
Advert End Date: 15 November 2017
You will be required to perform the duties involved in providing a comprehensive legal service to the Council.
Requirements of the Post:
– Recent in depth experience of working in a legal office dealing with Social Care matters to include Child Protection and litigation work
– ILEX or equivalent (fully degree level ability in core areas of practice) or has substantial vocational training and applied experience as a legal assistant or equivalent in a legal environment being supervised by a qualified lawyer
– Knowledge and experience of court processes, including applications relating to private and public law child care matters
– Experience of /skills in drafting legal documentation and a willingness to support Lawyers in these tasks
– Able to give clear, concise advice and enter into negotiations to achieve the best outcomes and meet objectives
– Out of hours attendance for work such as emergency work may occasionally be required
For an informal discussion please contact Fiona Gingell (Principal Lawyer, Social Care & Safeguarding) on 0116 454 1465.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.