Leisure Centre Attendant
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £8.45 per hour (Living Wage)*
Location: Aylestone Leisure Centre
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X3237/0718RW/EXT
Job Category: Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Advert End Date: 15 August 2018
*Salary: The evaluated hourly rate is £8.74 per hour. As Leicester City Council is committed to paying a living wage, you will be paid a minimum of £8.75 per hour for standard working hours (subject to review).
Aylestone Leisure Centre – Part Time (9.25 Hours), Permanent
Initial Rota: Wednesday 16.15 – 22.30 and Sunday 14.00 – 17.00 (Subject to Change)
You will be working on a rota system which includes days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays according to the needs of the service.
You will be responsible for pool supervision ensuring bathers are safe and follow rules, communicating effectively with other staff and centre users. You will also be responsible for remedial cleaning of the building and be required to set up and take down equipment for activities.
Requirements of the post:
- Current RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification 8th Edition
- Experience of providing good customer service
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and members of the public
- Good interpersonal skills with a responsible and caring attitude
- Able to act as an advocate/champion for sport and the benefits it offers to communities
- Required to wear a uniform and name badge and prepared to work city‐wide across other sports and leisure centres as required
- Experience of working in a wet & dry facility
- First Aid qualification or knowledge
For an informal discussion please contact Jayne Henderson on 0116 454 6701.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.