Leisure Centre Attendant
Contract Type: Fixed Term Permanent
Salary: £8.75 per hour (Living Wage)
Location: Various leisure centres across Leicester
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X3237/0118RW/INT
Job Category: Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Advert End Date: 18 March 2018
Salary: £8.75 per hour (Living Wage)*
*Salary: The evaluated hourly rate is £8.09 – £8.55 per hour. As Leicester City Council is committed to paying a living wage, you will be paid a minimum of £8.75 per hour for standard working hours (subject to review).
Leicester Leys Leisure Centre – Part Time (24 Hours), Permanent (3 Posts)
Evington Leisure Centre – Part Time (30 Hours), Fixed Term until 2nd April 2019 to cover the current post holders absence.
New Parks Leisure Centre – Part Time (22 Hours), Fixed Term until 31st October 2018 to cover the current post holder’s absence.
You will be working on a rota system which includes days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays according to the needs of the service
You will be responsible for pool supervision ensuring bathers are safe and follow rules, communicating effectively with other staff and centre users. You will also be responsible for remedial cleaning of the building and be required to set up and take down equipment for activities.
Requirements of the post:
- Current RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification 8th Edition
- Experience of providing good customer service
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and members of the public
- Good interpersonal skills with a responsible and caring attitude
- Able to act as an advocate/champion for sport and the benefits it offers to communities
- Required to wear a uniform and name badge and prepared to work city‐wide across other sports and leisure centres as required
- Experience of working in a wet & dry facility
- First Aid qualification or knowledge
For an informal discussion please contact Luke Morgan on 0116 299 5575.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Interview Date: w/c 26th March