Local Offer and Preparing for Adulthood Project Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £34,106 - £37,107 per annum
Location: Beaumont Way, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC117 / 0718SSN / EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 27 July 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Local Offer and Preparing for Adulthood Project Officer to join our supportive and innovative Disabled Children’s Service. The Disabled Children’s service is a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to supporting disabled children and their families throughout the City. The team consists of Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Support Workers who provide a short break provision, Participation Officer and Information Officer.
The post demands leadership, decision making and self-reliance to take forward two main areas of the government SEND reforms:
- The local offer- which is a city wide information hub for young people between the ages of 0 to 25 years with Special Educational needs and Disabilities.
- Preparing for Adulthood – leading on developing, implementing and reviewing policy.
Requirements of the post:
- Good working knowledge of current relevant policies and practice;
- Experience of working with disabled young people, their carers;
- Experience of leading and managing projects;
- Experience of undertaking research, analysing practice and recommending changes in practice;
- Ability to produce complex and concise reports based on research;
- Experience of working in partnership with multi agency colleagues and other stakeholders;
- Communication and interpersonal skills that enable an ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
For an informal discussion please contact Rehana Kapasi on 0116 4544710
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact.
Test / Interview Date : w/c 6th August 2018