Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB) Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £49,008 - £52,628 per annum
Location: Bosworth House, 9-15 Princess Road West, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC404/0117RK/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 5 February 2017
Leicester Safeguarding Children’s Board is looking to recruit a Business Manager who has excellent working knowledge of the arrangements for the safeguarding of children and the policies, procedures and guidance that underpin these. We are looking for someone who values the importance of partnership working and shares the Board’s commitment to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, demonstrate leadership and have experience of facilitating effective inter-agency working.
The role includes managing the Safeguarding Board Business Unit in their undertaking of quality audit processes, multi-agency training and coordinating Case Reviews, to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
Whilst your professional background and qualifications could be in health or social care, policing or education, you will also have substantial experience of working in partnership across a range of children’s services at a management level as well as a sound knowledge of child protection practice and the statutory framework. The successful applicant will also have excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills.
Additional Requirements of the post:
- Have a professional qualification e.g. social work, teaching or nursing with extensive knowledge of child protection practices, policies and procedures.
- Experience of multi-agency working in a multi-cultural context.
- The ability to challenge whilst maintaining a collaborative approach.
- Excellent organisational and communicational skills.
- An eye for detail and the ability to produce work of the highest quality with the minimum of supervision.
- A commitment to promoting best practice in working together to safeguard children.
For an informal discussion please contact Steven Gauntley on 0116 454 6118
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Test and interview Date: 14th or 15th February 2017