Marketing and Communications Officer (LLEP)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £20,661 – £22,658 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X6346/1217VS/EXT
Job Category: Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Advert End Date: 15 January 2018
Full-time, Fixed Term to 31st March 2020 due to funding
This is an exciting time to join the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP). LEPs were recognised in the recent national Industrial Strategy, and we will have a significant role to play in facilitating local economic growth, building on our strong economic performance in recent years.
The purpose of this role will be to support the effective communications and marketing of the Leicester and Leicestershire Business Gateway (Growth Hub), as part of the wider LLEP’s programme of activity.
Growth Hubs are local public/private sector partnerships that join up national and local business support so it is easy for businesses to find the help they need.
This role will report to the LLEP Communications Manager to ensure alignment with the LLEP’s wider communications activity but will work closely with the Business Gateway Manager. The role will be responsible for driving the communications activity of the Business Gateway ranging from website content management, to production and management of press and media releases to leading multi-stakeholder events and managing all social media platforms.
LEPs are positioned as a key part of developing and delivering local strategy for economic growth across Leicester and Leicestershire and the Business Gateway is a central theme of our support for business. We are looking for a creative, well organised and committed marketing and communications officer to work as part of a vibrant team to help drive this agenda forward.
This post is part-funded through the European Structural Funds Programme (2014-20)
Requirements of the post:
- Communication skills sufficient to compose and present complex reports (and copy for websites, social media platforms, printed materials, presentations, and press releases) and represent the Authority outside the LLEP
- Able to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and prioritise a diverse and often heavy workload.
- ICT skills and experience in the use of Microsoft Word and a range of media related software (e.g. websites, social media platforms, printed materials, presentations, and press releases for a variety of media forms and outlets.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency setting on a partnership basis.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to communication effectively with a wide range of decision makers
As part of the role you must be willing and able to travel across Leicester and Leicestershire
For an informal discussion please contact Jackie Ledger on 0116 454 2924
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Test and Interview Date: 26th January 2018