Members Support Assistant
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £22,788 per annum
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: South Kesteven District Council
Post Number: 4501
Job Category: Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Advert End Date: 19 July 2017
We’re making sure we are fit for the future – and we want you onboard!
South Kesteven District Council has ambitious growth plans at the top of its agenda and a vision to create thriving communities where people want to live, work and invest…. so why not be part of this exciting journey? We’re looking for people with drive, enthusiasm and creativity to join us as we work differently and become more commercially and customer focused.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to work for a council that is changing and going places. Many people are attracted to the area because of its excellent location for the A1 and the East Coast Mainline (London is only an hour away), its quality relatively inexpensive housing and its high achieving schools.
South Kesteven has four distinctive market towns including Grantham which has Growth Point Status and is well set for large scale redevelopment. We also have Stamford which was voted the best place to live in the UK by the Sunday Times in 2013 and in March 2017 Sunday Times readers endorsed that view by voting it the second best place to live in Britain. We’ve also got the towns of Bourne and The Deepings as well as 80 beautiful villages.
The district has tremendous potential and we believe that by making fundamental changes to the way we do business we can help stimulate the economy, reduce costs and generate income for the council in future years.
We have been working on a “Fit for the Future” programme to be internally self financing by 2019 so that we can deliver the best services and results for our residents who are at the heart of everything we do.
Our staff have a huge part to play in this success story and we will invest in our people to make sure we have the right skills in order to achieve the best outcomes for our area. Times are changing, and we want to ensure our people feel well supported and engaged to help the district thrive and succeed.
We are looking for a Members Support Assistant to join the Members’ Services Office.
This is a new role within a newly established office here at South Kesteven. You will be required to effectively and pro-actively provide general, confidential and timely support and assistance to all members of the Council in relation to their public office duties, ensuring that all services are provided to high standards and are strongly focused on the needs and requirements of our members. We are keen to find someone who is willing to make this role their own, and who will contribute towards organisational transformation and changes in ways of working, particularly, with regard to the services provided by the Members’ Services Office.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Act as a first point of contact for those who seek to engage with members through the Members’ Services Office, actively promoting the specific support available to all members in their various public office roles.
- Provide a general research and information support service on issues affecting the Council including data analysis, collation, preparation, monitoring and maintenance of information for all members of the Council
- Ensure all queries and requests from members, Council officers, external stakeholders, organisations and members of the public are dealt with promptly, courteously and professionally;
- Prepare papers for meetings attended by members as necessary and ensure pre and post such meetings that all relevant actions and issues are appropriately assigned and progressed.
- Provide support for official events, visits, conferences, seminars and workshops hosted by the Council or externally to be attended by members including bookings, travel arrangements, hospitality, invitations, registrations, presentations and other requirements.
The Salary for this role is up to £22,788 per annum.
The closing date for this role is 19th July
Interviews will be held on Friday 4th August.
For more information, and to view a job description, please visit https://www.southkesteven.gov.uk/jobs