Multi Systemic (Standard) Therapist
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,437 - £36,379 per annum
Location: Halford House, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC231 / 1117SSN / EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 8 December 2017
1 x Full Time, Permanent
1 x Full Time, Fixed Term for 12 months (Maternity Cover)
The MST team works with families to address the behaviour of individual young people within a family and community setting under the supervision of the MST supervisor and MST consultant. MST is a therapeutic approach requiring intensive work with families over a period of 3-5 months. This work is undertaken with complex cases where there is a young person aged 11-17 living at home who is at risk of care or custody as a result of their behaviour.
Requirements of the post:
– Must have a relevant professional qualification;
– Substantial post qualifying experience in working with challenging young people and their families;
– An understanding of evidence based interventions;
– Must be skilled and experienced in engaging with young people and their parents / carers applying assessment and analysis to complex family situations;
– You will be expected to work flexibly with unsocial hours to ensure family engagement and be the lead professional in all cases;
– Engage in weekly MST supervision to support and maintain clinical adherence to the MST model including the ability to receive feedback in a group setting in the face of regular exposure to highly emotive material and challenging behaviour;
– Willing to be on call for 1 week in 4.
For an informal discussion please contact Imran Mahomed on 0116 4544586.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Interview Date : w/c 18th December 2017