Multisystemic Therapy (Standard) Therapist
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £34,106 - £37,107 plus standby allowance as part of an on-call rota
Location: Halford House, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC231 / 0918SSN / EXT
Job Category: Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Advert End Date: 21 October 2018
Location : Halford House, Leicester, and community working across Leicester
1 x Full Time, Permanent Post
1 x Full Time, Fixed Term for 11 months (maternity cover)
The MST team works with families to address the behaviour of young people within a family and community setting. Work is undertaken with families where there is a
young person aged 11-17 who is at risk of care or custody. MST is a behavioural / cognitive behavioural programme that offers intensive work with families over a period of
3-5 months. MST is an evidence based process and model which relies heavily on staff participation in group supervision and consultation processes.
Requirements of the post:
– Professional qualification and / or a trained MST Therapist;
– Substantial post qualifying experience in working with challenging young people and their families;
– Have an understanding of evidence based interventions;
– Must be skilled and experienced in engaging with young people and their parents;
– You will be expected to work flexibly with unsocial hours to ensure family engagement and be the lead professional in all cases;
– Engage in weekly MST supervision to support and maintain clinical adherence to the MST model including the ability to receive feedback in a group setting in the face of
regular exposure to highly emotive material and challenging behaviour;
– Must have some experience of delivering behavioural or cognitive behavioural interventions;
– Willing to be on call 24/7 as part of a team rota;
– Subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
Under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 Part 1 requires National Care Minimum Standards apply so Applicants must be aged 23.
For an informal discussion, please contact Amy Smith on 0116 4542794.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact.
Interview Date : w/c 29th October 2018