Multisystemic Therapy Supervisor
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £41,025 - £43,821 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC230/0218AAex
Job Category: Executive / Managerial
Advert End Date: 18 March 2018
Location: Halford House
Multisystemic Therapy (MST) is an evidence based programme which works with the families of some of our most troubled 11 to 17 year olds. The MST approach has a proven track record in this country and abroad in achieving positive results in reducing the levels of youth offending; anti-social behaviour and risk of being taken into care or custody.
Are you hard-working, adaptable, resilient and self-motivated with a proven track record of working with challenging young people and their families?
You will lead and manage a team of four multi systemic therapists in delivering MST interventions according to the specifications and requirements set out in the MST license.
You will provide the strategic lead on MST and work collaboratively with partners.
The supervisor will be available to support therapists implementing MST 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Requirements of the post
– Must hold a relevant professional qualification.
– Have significant post qualifying experience in working with families.
– Have knowledge and skill in clinical intervention and psychological based approaches with families.
– Specific experience in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, Structural Family Therapy, Strategic Family Therapy and behaviourally-based marital and drug treatment therapy preferred.
– Experience of managing an operational service that works complex cases providing clear leadership, decision making and support to individual practitioners.
– Have strong interpersonal skills, and a commitment to outcome measurement and accountability.
– Able to work under pressure and make swift decisions and sound judgements.
– A commitment to putting the needs of families at the centre of best practice.
– Subject to an Enhanced CRB Check.
– Must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
For an informal discussion please contact Ivor Sutton on 0116 4546535
Interview and Assessment Dates: 29th March and 5th April 2018
Due to continued growth in the service, there will be further recruitment opportunities in the MST Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) team over the coming months. For further details on these upcoming vacancies please call Sarah Whittle on 0116 4546531.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.