Neighbourhood Services Assistants
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £17,681 - £18,672 per annum (pro rata for part time hours)
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0116/0718VS/EXT
Job Category: Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Advert End Date: 25 July 2018
Part-time, all fixed term until 31/03/19;
- Post 1: 18 hours
St Barnabas and Hamilton Libraries, Netherhall and Northfields Neighbourhood Centres
- Post 2: 15 hours
Belgrave Neighbourhood Centre and Belgrave Library
- Post 3: 36.5 hours
St Matthews Centre, Thurnby Lodge, African Caribbean Centre, Coleman Neighbourhood Centre, Highfields and Evington Libraries
- Post 4: 18.5 hours
Leicester Central, Aylestone, Knighton and Westcotes Libraries, Pork Pie Library & Community Centre and Eyres Monsell Community Centre
- Post 5: 18.5 hours (evenings and weekends)
St Matthews Centre, Thurnby Lodge, African Caribbean Centre, Coleman Neighbourhood Centre, Highfields and Evington Libraries.
You will assist in the day to day operation and delivery of library and community services providing efficient and high quality customer service to adults and children in accordance with systems, statutory procedures, legislation, corporate standards and policies.
Requirements of the post:
- Experience of dealing with customer enquiries in person, on the telephone or via email.
- Good IT skills & ability to carry out a range of duties and support service users using computers.
- Good customer care skills e.g. dealing with difficult & demanding customers and situations.
- Able to work flexible hours including unsocial, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Willing and able to work at different Neighbourhood Services locations across the City as and required.
- An interest in delivering library and community services to adults, families, children and young people.
For an informal discussion please contact Sally Mitchell on 0116 454 3545 or Sally.Mitchell@leicester.gov.uk
Please state which location(s) you are applying for as part of your application.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.