Oral Health Promoter
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,661 - £22,658 per annum
Location: Community Based, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC924/0317RW/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Adult Service
Advert End Date: 13 April 2017
Location: Community Based
Leicester City Council – Public Health are looking for a Oral Health Promoter to facilitate the promotion of good oral health across the life course within local communities through training, health promotion, information sharing, communication and face to face activities.
The successful applicant will engage with a large group of key stakeholders including, dentists, schools, children’s centres, care homes / nursing homes as well as the larger health and care community – Health Visitors, School Nurses, Midwives etc. The post holder will be based within the community and cover two neighbourhood clusters.
Requirements of the post:
– 5 GCSE’s/NVQ Level 3, or equivalent work based experience;
– Qualified and General Dental Council (GDC) registered Dental Care Professional;
– Qualification in Oral Health Education or equivalent work based experience;
– Evidence of continued professional development;
– Experience of Oral Health Education;
– Understanding of how deprivation can impact on the health opportunities for families;
– Proven ability to work on own initiative and plan and organise own work load;
– Must have a full driving licence;
– Subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
For an informal discussion please contact Tiffany Burch on 0116 454 2164.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.