Paralegal (Social Care & Safeguarding)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £18,870 - £20,541 per annum
Location: City Hall, Leicester, LE1 1FZ
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R5691/1118RW/EXT
Job Category: Legal
Advert End Date: 21 November 2018
You will be required to support the provision of a comprehensive legal service to the Council.
Duties of the post include:
– To provide specific legal assistance, through allocated tasks and a caseload appropriate to the post.
– To provide administrative support within a busy legal office environment.
– To provide support to members of the team on major projects.
Requirements of the post:
– Recent knowledge and experience in supporting a legal team dealing with child care is desirable
– Skills, knowledge and understanding of law and practice
– Experience in undertaking administrative tasks as may be required in a busy legal office environment to include large document production, Court bundling, minute taking, photocopying, scanning
– Experience of / skills in drafting legal documentation and advising and negotiating is desirable
– Demonstrable communication skills both orally and in writing
– Research and analysis skills to include use of on-line resources
– Willing and able to adapt to new and differing areas of work and/ or procedures
For an informal discussion please contact Mark Kamlow, Principal Lawyer (Social Care & Safeguarding) on 0116 454 0123.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.