Planner (Graduate Placement)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £17,681 - £18,672 per annum
Location: City Hall, 115 Charles Street, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X4032D / 0518SSN / EXT
Job Category: Graduate
Advert End Date: 31 May 2018
4 x Full Time (37 hours per week), Fixed Term for 12 months – Graduate Opportunity
As part of the City Council’s drive to provide graduates with more opportunities to experience work and develop career paths we are pleased to offer exciting and challenging roles within our Planning service.
The Planning service undertake a variety of planning work and deal with over 2,500 planning applications each year. We require graduates to work in our Development Management teams (dealing with applications, contraventions and correspondence) and on urban design. You will assist with both minor and major developments and other planning work. Suitable applicants could also be considered for placement in our policy and/or conservation teams.
The posts are particularly suited to those embarking on a planning career and we would therefore encourage applications from enthusiastic and capable graduates with limited experience. Knowledge and abilities in the field of urban design including use of design software would be useful.
Requirements of the post :
– Must have graduated in the last 2 years (or due to graduate this summer) with a Degree or Diploma in Town Planning or Urban Design;
– A good understanding of planning objectives and principles applicable to development management including efficient processing of applications, publicity and consultations, negotiating with applicants, writing reports and making recommendations;
– Able to draft reports which assess the material planning considerations relevant to individual proposals;
– Able to deal with queries from members of the public regarding planning, the application process and your own case work;
– Able to work effectively on your own initiative and as part of a team.
For an informal discussion please contact Fabian DCosta on 0116 454 2974 or Sarbjit Singh on 0116 454 3005.
Required to start as soon as possible.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact.
Closing Date : 31st May 2018
Test / Interview Date : w/c 11th June 2018
Post Number : X4032D / 0518SSN / EXT