Planning Support Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £34,106 - £37,107 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X8909/0718VS/EXT
Job Category: Planning / Building Control
Advert End Date: 22 August 2018
Location: City Hall
This is a new post in the Planning Service and we are looking for someone who can help make the most of new technology to improve our performance in processing planning applications.
We are looking for someone to supervise a group of planning technicians who deal with the registering and validation of planning applications and take responsibility for the planning service’s information assets.
You will need knowledge and experience of developing and administering planning case management systems (e.g. IDOX, DEF, etc.) and a complementary understanding of planning legislation and regulations.
You will have considerable scope to review and take a lead in developing the system and data management solutions to improve efficiencies in working practice and contribute to the effective operation of the Service.
Working with managers and staff, you will also use a variety of analysis and reporting techniques to provide key information for the Planning Service functions, develop performance management and document procedures to support the delivery of the Planning Process.
Requirements of the post:
- Degree level qualification in Planning, Information Management or equivalent qualification or experience that supports the skills and abilities required for the post.
- Skills and experience in supervising planning technicians and developing their abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation and project management skills.
- Good quality IT and database skills with experience of managing and maintaining various planning information systems as well as generating statistical reports and undertaking data analysis.
- Ability to identify, understand and implement changes to planning regulations and legislation; to design and disseminate succinct guidance and instructions; and to update procedures and systems accordingly.
- Careful and thorough approach when dealing with details ensuring accuracy of information.
- Some familiarity with GIS for recording land and property information would also be desirable.
For an informal discussion please contact Ian Robertson on 0116 454 2986.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Test and Interview Date: w/c 3rd September 2018