Pollution Control Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £23,398 - £25,951 or £30,153 - £32,486 per annum (Career Graded)
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X2114/0917VS/EXT
Job Category: Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Advert End Date: 20 September 2017
Salary: £23,398 – £25,951 or £30,153 – £32,486 per annum (Career Graded)
Location: Phoenix House, 1 King Street, Leicester LE1 6RN
As a member of the Noise & Pollution Control Team, you will have a role in our Noise and Pollution Monitoring Service which operates daytime, Monday to Friday and 4 nights a week. You will also review planning and licensing consultations pro-actively and investigate a variety of pollution complaints.
Requirements of the post:
- A degree or direct equivalent (e.g. NVQ) in an Environmental Science based subject
- To possess technical experience and knowledge of pollution control matters including noise control, contaminated land investigation and assessment and/or inspection and/or enforcement of environmental permitting processes
- Experience and ability to interpret and implement legislation and technical information
- Experience and ability in maintaining accurate and comprehensive records
- Experience and knowledge of using IT systems
- Effective and efficient communication skills, sufficient to prepare reports, correspondence and statutory notices, to deal with staff at all levels and outside bodies, and the public (including in conflict situations)
- Current full UK driving licence
- A qualification in acoustics or similar
For an informal discussion please contact Annette Bryan, Team Manager (job share) Noise and Pollution Control on 0116 454 3064 or Robin Marston Team Manager (job share) Noise and Pollution Control on 0116 454 3055.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Interview Dates: Tuesday 3rd October and Wednesday 4th October 2017