Principal Lawyer (Employment)
Contract Type: Temporary
Salary: £44,935 - £48,282 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0600/0118HT/EXT
Job Category: Executive / Managerial Legal
Advert End Date:
Location: City Hall
Full Time, Fixed Term contract till 31st March 2019 for maternity cover
We are looking for a dynamic and suitably qualified employment lawyer to join our employment team on a fixed term basis to cover for maternity leave. The team undertakes a broad range of employment related work, both contentious and non-contentious, including highly complex litigation.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced employment lawyer to have conduct of a high quality caseload whilst working in a supportive and friendly environment with flexible working arrangements providing for a good work and life balance.
Requirements of the Post
- A Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Advocacy skills and significant experience of advocacy in the Employment Tribunals
- A minimum of five years’ recent experience and in depth knowledge of employment law practice and procedure at an advanced level
- Experience of Local Government legal work in the public or private sector
For an informal discussion please contact Paul Atreides on 0116 454 1428.
Please ensure you provide as with an email address, as this is our preferred method of communication.