Private Rented Sector Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £23,398 - £25,951 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: H177/0118AAex
Job Category: Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Advert End Date: 29 January 2018
Location: York House, 91 Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 6FB
You will work in a team that offer housing advice and assistance to customers with high importance placed on the prevention of homelessness and carrying out the statutory homelessness obligations on behalf of the local authority.
Objectives of the post:
– To be pro-active in the promotion of private rented sector housing with both landlords and customers.
– To make private rented properties available to service users.
– To ensure that landlords and agents comply with relevant legislation.
– To support the development of new housing initiatives that meets these objectives.
– To implement and administer the Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme and the LeicesterLet Scheme.
– To ensure fair and consistent treatment of private sector tenants.
Requirements of the post:
– Academic qualification or work experience in the following areas: homelessness, private rented sector issues, and housing advice
– Experience of working with private sector landlords and lettings agencies
– Knowledge of Protection from Eviction Act 1977 and Housing Act 1996 (amended 2002) is desirable
– Ability to work under pressure and deal sensitively with customers in stressful situations
– Willing and able to do regular Saturday work and regular home visits
– Subject to an Enhanced DBS check
For an informal discussion please contact Dina Taank on 0116 4541707.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.