Programme Officer (Public Health- Healthy Places)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £26,822- £29,323 per annum
Location: City Hall
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0235/ 08178AW/ EXT
Job Category: Executive / Managerial Policy / Research
Advert End Date: 17 September 2017
Location: City Hall
Fixed Term contract until 30th September 2018 to cover maternity leave
This is a vacancy (maternity cover) for a Programme Officer within the small, newly formed and highly motivated Healthy Places team, an arm of the Leicester City Council’s Division of Public Health. The Healthy Places team has been established to influence the socio-economic and environmental determinants of health, by developing creative approaches to embedding health in all policies across the Council and its partners.
This role supports the effective development, management and delivery of Healthy Places-related local health improvement programme areas. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and highly resilient self-starter, who is comfortable juggling competing demands and should have substantial experience of, and skill in establishing and maintaining relationships with partners and stakeholders, a thorough understanding of the theory and practice of community development and a commitment to redressing health inequalities.
Requirements of the post:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent level of experience;
- Knowledge of Public Health work;
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and practice of:
- Project management;
- Effective relationship building;
- Community development theory.
- Experience of working in partnership with external bodies, to achieve shared objectives;
- Ability to distil evidence and contribute to the development and implementation of creative solutions.
For an informal discussion please contact Sandie Harwood on 0116 454 2023
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact