Contract Type: Temporary
Salary: £30,756 - £33,136 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0487/0618AAex
Job Category: Executive / Managerial
Advert End Date: 20 June 2018
Location: Phoenix House
Two year Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2019 due to funding
Leicester City Council’s Estates and Building Services Division are currently looking for an experienced Project Supervisor / Clerk of Works with buildings experience to take responsibility for managing and overseeing the delivery of building contracts, from minor scale to large and high-profile projects.
As the Project Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Liaise with the client, senior management team, project management team and contractors to establish bench marks, building line and other setting out points.
- Ensure the quality of the works meets the standard of the established contract documents.
- Provide detailed reports of findings and reviews, including photos and diagrams, for the client and extended project team.
- Prepare and manage reports regarding the progression of works, labour force, incidents on-site to be disseminated to the client and extended project team.
- Inspect all works in progress throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage and maintain the Bill of Quantities.
- Provide specialist practical advice and inspections.
- Maintain extensive and detailed project progression records.
To be considered for this role, you MUST have:
- A relevant qualification e.g. Bachelor’s Degree; HNC/NVQ level 2 (or equivalent experience) in a construction-related discipline.
- Substantial relevant experience within the construction industry.
- Substantial relevant Clerk of Works experience.
- A valid CSCS card for the UK construction industry.
- Experience of implementing or working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations.
- Experience for working with local authorities and legislation.
- Proven ability to manage and provide services with challenging timescales.
- Proven communication skills in large projects.
- Proven ability to successfully manage teams.
- Substantial experience in the role of NEC Project Supervisor.
For an informal discussion please contact Peter Bale on 0116 454 5806.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.