Project Technical Support Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £27,358 - £29,909 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R7096/1018AAex
Job Category: Executive / Managerial
Advert End Date: 29 October 2018
Location: Phoenix House
Leicester City Council’s Estates and Building Services Division are currently looking for an experienced Project Technical Support Officer (as an assistant to our Technical Project Managers) with construction and/or graduate/project officer experience to take responsibility for supporting the EBS Technical Project Managers in the delivery of minor scale to large and high-profile major Capital Projects.
As the Project Technical Support Officer, you will be required to:
- Liaise with the client, senior management team, project management team and contractors to gather, validate, analyse and present project data in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensure accurate project reporting for projects within the Capital Project team.
- Provide detailed project information to the extended project team.
- Prepare and manage Capital Projects, monitoring progress and compliance with contract data.
- Monitor and report on project cost, programme and quality progress throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintain accurate project records.
- Provide technical advice in relation to construction projects including forecasting, reconciliation and fee forecasting for Capital Projects.
- Maintain extensive and detailed project progress records.
To be considered for this role, you MUST have:
- Degree level or relevant professional qualification or equivalent level of ability and experience in construction, project management or contract administration environment – preferably in major capital projects.
- Experience of working in a construction or property-related environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise to set standards.
- Experience of composing own correspondence and management reports.
- Experience of using ICT and a range of software including: Microsoft Office, asset management and project management software.
- Experience in adhering to Health & Safety guidelines and willing to undertake any associated training.
- Proven ability to manage your own time, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A high level of competency in data manipulation and analysis including financial forecasting and financial reconciliation
- An ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and be organised, efficient, and able to work within budget.
- A creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
If you would like further information about this job, please contact: Kathryn Ellis,
Service Manager – Capital Delivery on 0116 454 2578.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.